“I had heard about Norma and had high expectations. She far exceeded my expectations and I will recommend her to others that I meet. It was wonderful hearing Norma’s experiences and how they related to the work we were doing. She brought practical insight to the teachings. Her style was wonderful to listen too.” Strategic Gift Planning Bootcamp Participant
I tap into the skills and knowledge gleaned from over 25 years’ experience as a writer, professional storyteller and fundraising consultant to:
- design and facilitate educational sessions and workshops
- write compelling and convincing direct mail, website copy, donor articles and case for support material
- provide fundraising counsel to all organizations – big and small –on how to improve their fundraising and communication activities
Here’s an overview of the services I provide. Please contact me to discuss your specific needs.
“Excellent. I have been to many conference and many sessions in my life. I do believe that this was the best presentation I have ever attended. Thank-you Norma for sharing your considerable capacity, talent and passion.” CAGP National Conference Participant
I have delivered workshops to audiences as small as 5 and as large as over 700. Audiences have included lawyers, fundraisers, bankers, schoolteachers, librarians, children, environmentalists, healthcare workers, dancers, police officers and storytellers.
I will work with your organization to determine your learning needs, design a workshop (or series of sessions) based on these objectives and facilitate the learning experience.
Sessions are created to suit your audience, organization and timeline. From a one hour lunch presentation to a five-day intensive course; it all depends upon your goals, learning objectives and preferences. My most popular workshops include:
- Discovering, Shaping & Sharing Your Organizational Story
- Developing Your Case For Support
- Do You Know Where Your Stories Are? (Seven Key Stories You Need for Success)
- Engaging in Meaningful Conversations with Donors or Clients (to build long-term relationships and motivate action)
- Discovering Your Philanthropic Self & Story: A Primer for all Fundraisers and Donors
- Inspiring Patient-Centred Care
- The Role of Stories of Healing
STORYTELLING & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
“I want to tell you a story about a workshop I attended that was one of the highlights of my year. Norma took us through the theory, we visualized our story, we mapped charts and created storyboards, we did voice exercises…and then it was the end of the day and we were all telling stories. What a day!” Story Skills Workshop, Victoria
- Crafting A Memorable Speech
- Storytelling Skills (Basic & Master Classes to enhance storytelling skills)
- Narrative Leadership Skills: Storytelling Coaching for Senior Executive & Board Members
- Writing Stories (interviewing, writing & communication strategies)
If you are looking for a writer who understands how to ‘tell your organization’s story’ to generate passion and motivate action…and ultimately create a win-win for your organization and your audience, then I can help.
As a trained journalist and public relations practitioner, I spent many years working in senior positions at charities across Canada. As a result, I have developed communication skills that have proven successful in creating:
- Case for Support materials
- Website Copy
- Direct Mail
- Profiles and Articles
- Annual Reports
- Fundraising Articles & Brochures
If you are interested in working with me to arrange a workshop, write or update your communication materials or provide fundraising or communication consultation, please contact me by phoning (250) 655.3352 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org